Tuesday and Friday
19 p.m. to 22 p.m.
It is recommended to have modeling knowledge in any of the following tools: AutoCad - Revit - Sketchup - 3DS Max or experience in rendering and 3D architecture
This course is designed to help you transport your architectural projects to virtual reality with Unreal Engine and export them to the main mobile and desktop platforms: Gear VR, Oculus and HTC Vive. Design and learn to visualize various types of projects and experiences in virtual reality.
What do you learn?
- To import your project to Unreal Engine.
- Different ways to visualize your project in VR.
- To design different ways of transporting yourself in your projects.
- Traditional lighting techniques and raytracing.
- To create textures and PBR materials.
- To explore the connection to VR peripherals.
Tools and software to use
Studying virtual reality applied to architecture, you will be able to work in ArchViz studies, urban planning, interior design and real estate developments. You will be able to develop and assemble scenery by means of the following tasks:
- Creation of scenes with Unreal Engine.
- Materialization, lighting and systems optimization in real-time.
- Generation of various ways of interacting with projects with the possibility of execution with virtual reality glasses.
- Virtual reality applications for architecture.
Meet your mentor
Teacher and professional with more than 10 years of experience in the industry, graduated from the Game Art Professional Training Path. He worked in the field of modeling for video games at Gameloft as an environment artist developing titles such as Siberian Strike y Hawks among others and in the field of 3D models for architecture as a renderer for large firms such as Foster and Partners and Zaha Hadid Architects. He currently works as a senior 3D artist at MAQE visual solutions and as a teacher in the Game Art modeling course for videogames, Environments for Videogames, and in the Higher Technique in Art and Animation for Videogames. Passionate about 3D art, always at the forefront of software and visualization techniques.
Unreal Engine 4 for Architecture
What is Unreal Engine?
- Unreal Engine is the world's most open and advanced real-time 3D creation tool. Today it offers creators in all industries the freedom and control to deliver cutting-edge content, interactive experiences, and immersive virtual worlds.
- Unreal Engine is a complete set of tools for creating photographic images and immersive experiences in real time. With high quality, powerful performance and proven results, Unreal Engine is the flexible and open platform that visualization specialists can trust to take their projects anywhere.
What are the advantages of using Unreal Engine 4 in Architectural Visualization?
- Quickly iterate to create the best version of your projects.
- Catch costly design errors early.
- Generate Images of the highest quality from concept to closure.
- Develop interactive experiences in your design.
- Communicate the intent of your design to stakeholders.
- They can be created from immersive VR and AR experiences to marketing videos.
- Unreal Engine is a complete solution for your architectural visualization needs.
What resources does Unreal Engine 4 need?
It is recommended to have a computer with Windows 10 64-bit, Quad-core Intel or AMD, 2.5 GHz or more and with 8 GB RAM. On the other hand, the video card should be compatible with DirectX 11 and, for development with the rendering engine, you will also have to install Visual studio 2015.
Why choose Image Campus
We design the contents in conjunction with leading companies and prominent professionals so that you learn to creatively solve the challenges present in professional practice.
Image is the ideal space to meet companies, professionals and students from various disciplines that are part of the ecosystem of the video game industry.
Community and Events
We are the official headquarters of many of the main Events of national and international videogames. Join the Image community and come create challenging projects.
We are the first school specialized in immersive technologies, video game design and art and animation for video games in Argentina and a pioneer in Latin America, with more than 20 years of experience in the industry.
Infrastructure and Technological Resources
In a building environment specially designed for our activity, all our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art computers. One PC per student with all the software required for each course.