Superior Technician in Video Game Design and Production (Game Design)
Official Title with National Validity
Ministry of Education - DGEGP
Duration: 2 years and 1 / 2 (5 quarters)
Start Date: March 2020
Night shift: from 18: 30 to 22: 30 hs.
Become a professional game designer!
I learned to design and produce video games. The development of video games covers several areas: game design, 2D and 3D art, audio, programming, production and project management, among others. In this career you will learn to design and produce video games integrally, specializing in the area of Game Design.
What do you learn?
- Conceptually design games and videogames, understanding aspects of different genres and shredding their basic elements to generate new mechanics, analyze and polish them.
- Establish adequate combat systems, game systems, resource flows, procedural concepts, flow and user interface, among others.
- Produce games and video games in total understanding of the processes involved, their definition and measurement, the realization of a breakdown and analysis of a project, as well as the detailed realization of the scope of it.
- Writing design documents and creative scripts using the creation standards that are used today in the table games and video games industry. Narrative concepts for the creation of stories, characters and worlds.
- Analyze and document products, including player motivations, good usability practices, balance, economy and usage circuits.
- Fundamental programming. The necessary to open the way to prototyping and the basic concepts to understand and generate all kinds of scripting in video games.
- Prototyping game in order to test ideas and analyze feasibility of a project.
- Communication of ideas through playful interaction, understanding the creative and artistic processes in order to achieve a production that reflects aesthetic criteria and innovation and that stimulates creative action in audiences.
- Creation of levels of different types of games, with flow, balance, spatial arrangement of maps and locations, including scripting, that provides the experience and the desired emotional response.
- Understanding of the professional work processes and the different roles in the development of games and video games, to train you in the interaction with conceptual artists, illustrators, modelers, animators, sound designers and musicians, among others.
- Use of different tools and technologies to create video games for multiple platforms (PC, smartphones and tablets, web, and consoles).
- Make products or experiences more satisfactory and accessible to users. Conduct research, structural designs and understanding of feedback on usability.
- Planning of sustainable business schemes and preparation of proposals for the production of a game or video game.
- Management and administration of projects at different stages of production, from its inception to its publication and marketing.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, FDD, AM, XP and others) and tools for project management (Gantt, Kanban, among others)
- Interface conceptualization tools, such as Indigo, Balsamiq, or similar.
- Game engines, and prototyping tools like Machinations.io.
- Advanced use of spreadsheets, digital slide presentations and office tools.
- Agile project management tools: - Scrum
- Basic use of complementary tools: Adobe Photoshop
- among others
- Autodesk 3ds Max or Maya
- Audiowise Wwise
- among others
- Secondary degree
- Intermediate English
- Basic knowledge in the field of design, narrative, communication and / or production.
Studying the Higher Technical Career in Design and Videogame Production, you will be able to work in your own production companies or projects, such as:
- Video Game Designer and Board Games
- Gamified Systems Designer
- Video Game Level Designer
- Narrative Designer and Screenwriter of interactive products
- Escape Room Designer
- Game Analyst
- Production assistant
- Product Owner Assistant
- QA Analyst / Tester game
Can I work in other disciplines?
Yes, in professional areas such as software product design, usability of web pages, applications, design of escape rooms, gamification solutions, among others.
Are there national industries with employment opportunities?
Yes, in Argentina, the videogame industry grew exponentially in recent years. Sixthvowel, Etermax, Artik, Avix, Ravegan, Game Ever, Pixowl, QB9, Globant, Dedalord Games, NGD, Willdom, Widow Games, among other Producers, develop video games for different platforms, for the internal and external market.
It is also a source of opportunities. Acquired knowledge and skills, our graduates qualified to enter large international studios and production of video games, among others.
Can I work independently?
Yes, because our students graduate with strong knowledge of the labor market and its projection, production lines, costs and business planning. This comprehensive view enables them to undertake their own projects. To cite an example, the production Dedalord Games, creator of Running Fred, is made up of graduates and professors of Image Campus (Juan Pablo Bettini, Julian Callens, Diego Ruiz. See testimonials)
Image Campus has a Employment Center where he publishes periodically JOB SEARCHES requested by the most important companies in this industry. We also have a system INTERNSHIP in companies targeting the most advanced students of the race.
Does the title is official?
Yes. It is a title with national validity, endorsed by the Ministry of Education - DGEGP
Who is it for?
To any person with a professional profile or with such motivation, who wishes to design, produce, or direct interactive products on different platforms.
Can I take first year if I matters of secondary (high school)?
Yes. You can take the first semester and complete the partial ones but as a conditional student until the month of July.
What happens if I do not pass any of the subjects I owe from the middle level?
You will be free, but once your academic situation has been regularized, you will be able to resume the course taken in the instance in which you were free.
What are the entry requirements?
Pay annual tuition and present the secondary title, along with the rest of the documentation (Detail in response 8).
What documentation do I have to submit?
- Original and photocopy of the DNI
- Photocopy of Certificate of Studies Legalized standard level (secondary) *
- 2 4 Photos carnet x 4
- Suitable medical
- Certificate of studies in English.
For registration, should I appear at Image Campus?
You can manage your registration in person or remotely. In this case, you must complete the vacancy reservation request with your information (link) and pay the registration via bank deposit or electronic transfer.
Still not finished high school, I can start studying something related, to serve me for the race?
Introduction to Programming for Games https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/programas-profesionales/game-art
Game Art https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/programas-iniciales/lenguajes-programacion-juegos
Introduction to Game Audio https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/introduccion-game-audio
Testing and Technical QA https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/testing-technical-qa
Is the Technique dictated in online mode?
No, only in face-to-face mode.
Do they approve approved subjects in other institutions?
Only materials which have been approved in other institutions or universities incorporated into the official teaching homologated.
What are the requirements for foreign students?
- Original and Photocopy of Passport or Document (1ra and 2da sheet)
- Original and Photocopy of the Certificate of Secondary Studies, legalized and apostilled in the country of issue of the degree and validated by the Dept. of
Interjurisdictional Relations of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of the Argentine Nation.
- 2 4 Photos carnet x 4
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of lack of criminal background issued in the country of the last 5 years of residence
- Lack Certificate of Criminal Record issued in Argentina
My high school diploma, is it valid if it was issued abroad?
the overall validity of the title is credited if studied in any of these countries:
Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Extra graduates Mercosur countries should pay the following matters:
HISTORY 1ro - 2do - 3ro
CIVIC EDUCATION 1ro - 2do
- Professional Practice: Video Game Planning
- Playful Practices
- Games History
- Creativity and Narrative
- Mechanics Design
- Documentation workshop
- Applied Psychology and User Profiles
- Analysis of the games
- Video Game Script
- Introduction to art direction
- Drawing and Art Tool 2D
- Programming Fundamentals
- Professional practice: Videogame production
- Content design
- Video game prototyping
- Legal and Commercial
- Conceptual Art Workshop and Art 3D for videogames
- Professional Practice: Videogame Production
- Design Levels
- Game Systems Design
- Economy of videogames
- Quality Control
- Techniques and Tools for Videogame Development