Superior Technique in Production and Animation 3D
Official Title with National Validity - RESOL-2018-185-SSPLINED
Ministry of Education - DGEGP
Duration: 3 years.
Start Date: 18 2019 March
Submitted or days: Monday to Friday
(20 hours. Weekly clock)
Late shift: from 14: 00 to 18: 00 hs.
In this career you will learn everything you need about 3D art to participate in any production of film, advertising, videogames, VR, augmented reality and applications in different emerging new technologies.
This field evolves too quickly. For this reason it is a priority to be up to date with the software, hardware and procedures used today. Our teachers work in the industry and have years of experience in the field.
The production of a short animated or Pixar-style movie or Dreamworks, the most widespread advertisements in television and networks, or the 3D art for videogames require a great amount of knowledge and specializations very particular within the 3D Production.
In this race the whole process is contemplated, you will learn to create from scratch all the necessary elements for the different uses of the 3D. From the design of characters, scenarios, weapons, vehicles, to elements or advanced details such as special effects, explosions, fire, liquids. The programs include technical issues (textures and skeletons to animate our creations) as artistic perspectives that allow the creation of realistic animations as well as cartoons, both for movies and videogames.
What do you learn?
- All the production process of 3D Art for Cinema, Videogames, Advertising, Architecture, or new technologies.
- Creation of inorganic 3D models for the creation of scenarios and backgrounds, vehicles, furniture, weapons and everything necessary for productions with professional quality and finishing.
- Creation of textures on models with realistic appearance respecting the laws of physics or with a cartoon style known as Handmade.
- Creation of digital sculptures for 3D printing or animation, with the necessary work process to make it usable.
- Study of anatomy, proportions, facial anatomy, muscular groups of man and woman, adaptation to animals and creatures, information that will allow you to create correctly any character, creature or monster.
- Design your own characters, model them, texture them, prepare them for animation and animate them with the quality required by professional productions.
- Create control systems to animate any element you need: characters, objects, animals or whatever.
- Professional animation techniques based on the principles of Disney animation, so that your characters are endowed with life as we normally see in animated films.
- Fundamental concepts for working 3D art for videogames.
- Design and creation of scenarios, both realistic and not, that include vegetation, bodies of water, mountains, cities, terrains or interior scenarios and how to endow them with life, a process known as Set Dressing.
- Creation of the final image, result of all the other 3D processes.
- Lighting of the scenes and characters, creation of materials and completion of the process (render).
- Creation of special effects to use on your scenes completely 3D or on real footage (footage tracking).
- Creation of simulations to achieve effects such as smoke, fire, explosions, things that are destroyed, liquids, realistic fabrics (clothes of characters for example), particles. And how to apply them in our scenes.
- Narrative concepts to create your own scripts and ideas.
- Creation of production scripts (technical scripts) so that the conception of an idea comes to fruition.
- Post-production techniques, to close the 3D elements in a single audiovisual piece.
- Understanding of the current industry, legal and commercial scope and circuits to present your work and insert yourself professionally in the industry.
- Planning a sustainable business scheme, considering all production flows for the creation of your study or business.
Autodesk Maya, Houdini, SubstanceDesigner, SubstancePainter, 3DCoat, 3dMax, PixologicZBrush, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe AfterEffects, TheFoundryNuke, Unreal.
Studying the 3D Tertiary Production and Animation Career, you will be able to work in audiovisual production companies of TV, cinema, advertising, videogames, architecture studios, or own projects such as:
- Modeler characters
- Modeler objects and scenery
- Scenario designer
- Simulation creator
- Post-producer in Vfx
Can I work in other disciplines?
Yes, in professional areas such as Interior Design (modeling objects such as furniture), audiovisual postproduction, or printing 3D.
Are there national industries with employment opportunities?
If, in Argentina, 3D industry and animation grew exponentially in recent years. Production as Frame, Nut's Studio, Catmandu, Punga, Hook Up Animation, Waypoint, Metanoia, Arx Solutions and Bit Animation, made feature films, short films, series, advertising, art for video games and architectural designs for domestic and foreign markets.
It is also a source of opportunities. Paul Toscano, graduated from Image Campus, serves as Art Director at Ubisoft Cinematic Canada. It is a clear example that the acquired knowledge and skills, our graduates qualified to enter large international animation studios and production, 3D, video games, among others. (See below testimony of Paul Toscano).
Can I work independently?
Yes, because our students graduate with strong knowledge of the labor market and its projection, production lines, costs and business planning. This comprehensive view enables them to undertake their own projects. To cite an example, Alexis Martin and Daniel Bel Fioretti, graduates and professors of Image Campus, generated their own business, Waypoint Studio, dedicated to architectural visualization, rendering and gaming 3D art. (See below testimony of Alexis Fioretti).
Image Campus has a EMPLOYMENT CENTER where he publishes periodically JOB SEARCHES requested by the most important companies in this industry. We also have a system INTERNSHIP in companies targeting the most advanced students of the race.
Does the title is official?
Yes. Official Resolution Number RESOL-2018-185-SSPLINED - Ministry of Education - DGEGP
Who is it for?
A recent high school graduates who wish to develop professionally in the field of 3D, animation and visual effects.
Can I take first year if I matters of secondary (high school)?
Yes. You can take the first semester and complete the partial ones but as a conditional student until the month of July.
What happens if I do not pass any of the subjects I owe from the middle level?
You will be free, but once your academic situation has been regularized, you will be able to resume the course taken in the instance in which you were free.
What are the entry requirements?
Pay annual tuition and present the secondary title, along with the rest of the documentation (Detail in response 8).
What documentation do I have to submit?
- Original and photocopy of the DNI
- Photocopy of Certificate of Studies Legalized standard level (secondary) *
- 2 4 Photos carnet x 4
- Suitable medical
For registration, should I appear at Image Campus?
You can manage your registration in person or remotely. In this case, you must complete the vacancy reservation request with your information (link) and pay the registration via bank deposit or electronic transfer.
Still not finished high school, I can start studying something related, to serve me for the race?
- Professional Training Path: -Concept Art: https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/programas-profesionales/concept-art
- Software Courses: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/cursos-software
Is the Technique dictated in online mode?
No, only in face-to-face mode.
Do they approve approved subjects in other institutions?
Only materials which have been approved in other institutions or universities incorporated into the official teaching homologated.
What are the requirements for foreign students?
- Original and Photocopy of Passport or Document (1ra and 2da sheet)
- Original and Photocopy of the Certificate of Secondary Studies, legalized and apostilled in the country of issue of the degree and validated by the Dept. of
Interjurisdictional Relations of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of the Argentine Nation.
- 2 4 Photos carnet x 4
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of lack of criminal background issued in the country of the last 5 years of residence
- Lack Certificate of Criminal Record issued in Argentina
My high school diploma, is it valid if it was issued abroad?
the overall validity of the title is credited if studied in any of these countries:
Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Extra graduates Mercosur countries should pay the following matters:
HISTORY 1ro - 2do - 3ro
CIVIC EDUCATION 1ro - 2do
- Fundamentals of 3D tools
- Creation of Materials and Textures 3D
- History of art
- History of animation
- Inorganic Modeling 3D
- Introduction to the principles of animation 3D
- Advanced development of Materials and Textures
- Creation and Character Design Workshop
- Introduction to production
- Morphology and image analysis in genres and styles
- 1 Professional Practice: Digital Sculpture
- Skeleton 3D
- Animation of 3D characters
- Theatrical performance
- Visual and animative script workshop
- Direction and visual language workshop
- Skeletons advanced 3D
- Advanced animation techniques 3D
- Lighting and render
- Color Workshop
- Organic Modeling 3D
- Scenarios and Funds
- simulations 3D
- Advanced lighting and rendering
- 2 Professional Practice
- Analysis of 3D tools
- Production and editing of sound
- Professional Practice 3: Animation with engines