34 classes +
Tuesday and Friday
from 19 a.m. to 22 p.m.
- Basic level of composition software (Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, among others)
- Basic level of 3D software (Autodesk Maya, 3DS MAX, Cinema 4D, Blender)
- Processor: i7 or similar onwards
- Memory: 16GB RAM and up
- Video card: Geforce 2050 or similar onwards
Commitment and excellence in Unreal Engine training
Image Campus Achieves the Prestigious Title of Premier Unreal Authorized Training Center
We have been recognized as the first Unreal Engine PREMIER Authorized Center on the American continent.More information
We have the first educational set in Latin America equipped with state-of-the-art technology for virtual production, visual effects (VFX), body and facial movement capture (MOCAP), volumetric design, fully compatible with UNREAL ENGINE 5. We have a camera tracking system connected to a giant high definition micro LED screen, the first of its kind in the country. Image Campus is the first educational institution designated UNREAL ATC (Authorized Training Center) in LATAM.
Visual Effects or VFX are known as the different techniques by which images are created or manipulated outside the context of live recording. Although they are usually associated with fantasy or science fiction films, they are used in all types of films, whether historical, documentaries, comedies or dramas. Currently its use goes beyond cinema. Industries linked to entertainment such as video games, theme parks, virtual reality and transmedia are some examples. Furthermore, its use in architecture and education is increasingly important.
Learn to compose all types of visual effects that are used in the audiovisual industry.
Acquire the techniques and skills necessary to carry out the tasks involved in the digital composition of filmed and digitally generated elements.
Delve into rotoscoping, keying, matchmoving and matte painting, highly required specialties in the local and international market.
Create a demo reel to present in the audiovisual industry.
Module 1 – Foundry Nuke
- Introduction to nodal compositing software (Nuke), differences and advantages with layer-based compositing software (After Effects)
- Program interface, basic workflow
- Channel management and color management
- Introduction to masks, composition nodes, and transformation tools
- Filters and image distortion
- 3D space in Nuke
- Gizmos, automation and export
Module 2 – Masks and Tracking
- Rotoscoping and Tracking:
- Introduction to spot tracking techniques
- Introduction to planar tracking techniques
- Rotoscopy, tools and methodology
- Introduction to the concept of keying, historical background, applications in the industry.
- Basic keying tools in Nuke
- Keylight and Primate
- Complex elements: hair, transparency, motion blur, smoke, etc.
- specialized tools
- Practical examples
Module 3 – Color and Matchmoving
- Introduction to the craft of color correction
- Color correction in Nuke
- Primary and secondary corrections
- Aesthetic search
- Parallax concept.
- Basic workflow to obtain camera tracking in Nuke
- Analysis of free chambers and nodal chambers
- Solving complex examples
- Introduction to software specialized in Matchmoving
Module 4 – Composition and 3D
- 3D in Nodal software
- 3D space in Nuke.
- Camera mapping
- Simulation of depth of field and motion blur
- Render by passes, integration of 3D elements in composition
- Introduction to the use of artificial intelligence in VFX – Copycat
- Pipeline and scripting
- VFX industry and market
- Demoreel development
Main tools and software to use
What our graduates have to say
Image helps you develop your vocation and links you with the industry. It has specialized teachers in each area and the latest market trends. Always one step ahead of the rest.
Thanks to Image I was able to promote VFX, I participated in a call for a scholarship at the Vancouver Film School and I won it! I am now in Vancouver starting classes.
In Image I was able to expand my knowledge about 3D Modeling and it also allowed me to make a good network of contacts. I was always passionate about cartoons and video games, and thanks to the journey I got a job as a modeler for prints and animations. Both the professors and the second members were always available with all the patience in the world to clarify my doubts. That helped me a lot to progress.
Thanks to Image I was able to develop professionally as a 3D artist and make a living doing what I am passionate about. I learned to use the latest tools and techniques used today, which allow me to achieve high-quality work that meets the expectations of my clients. The teachers are excellent people and professionals.
Some companies where our graduates work
Areas where our graduates work
Join the Image community
Networking and teamwork will allow you to meet professionals and students from various disciplines that are part of the ecosystem of the video game industry.
Image is the ideal space to generate opportunities and relationships that enhance your professional future.
Companies are looking for you
Image Campus is connected to a robust network of companies that seeks and values the academic quality of our students and graduates. Be part of this community and apply to your next challenge.
The Image Campus Extension and Professional Practice Center proposes simultaneous activities to the completion of this Path that complete your training.
Image Campus students have a world-class educational platform Blackboard Ultra to see the recordings of online classes again, deliver TPs, check attendance, course schedules, qualifications, internal communication, forums and consultations, among many other benefits.
For a high quality live streaming experience, they will access the Zoom Premium platform, embedded in Blackboard.
Infrastructure and Technological Resources
In a building environment specially designed for our activity, all our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art computers. One PC per student with all the software required for each course.