credits: Marcos D'Andrea.
Tuesday and Friday
19 p.m. to 22 p.m.
For this training we suggest that you have basic handling of some 3D software (3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Cinema4D, etc). If you do not meet this requirement, you will have an online course available to level up.
School leader en
Of our students
in the industry.
Of our students are recommended by graduates and industry professionals.
What do you learn?
What is VFX or Visual Effects?
By VFX or Visual Effects are known the different techniques by which images are created or manipulated outside the context of live recording. Although they are usually associated with fantasy or science fiction films, they are used in all kinds of films, be they historical, documentaries, comedies or dramas. Currently its use goes beyond the cinema. Industries linked to entertainment such as video games, theme parks, virtual reality and transmedia are some examples. Also its use in architecture and education is increasingly leading, which speaks of a field in total expansion and with a real need for specialists for the local and international market.
VFX or Visual Effects Course
Some of the skills that you will learn during the journey:
- Apply specialized techniques and tools such as planar tracking, rotoscopy and matchmoving (camera tracking) to integrate actors filmed on a green / blue background (keying) or 3D elements into a real video.
- Correct the color of a shot, achieve a certain aesthetic or match the lighting of two shots filmed at different times
- Solve complicated chroma due to moving images, uneven backgrounds, motionblur, poorly lit sets and reflective elements, among others.
- Integrate video with 3D scenes using mapping and mattepainting techniques.
- Simulate rigid dynamic objects for breakage, demolition and fragmentation. To simulate soft dynamic objects such as fabrics and ropes.
- Simulate all types of fluids: Viscous and gelatinous liquids.
- Generate scenes where explosions with fire, smoke and gases occur.
- Developing stereoscopic content using 2D or 3D material for three-dimensional visualization.
- Integration of 3D elements using VFX techniques, digital animation and visual effects
This training takes into account the evolution of the market and the insertion of students in it. We will discuss the current panorama of the visual effects industry locally and internationally, how to enter the labor market, work modalities, freelance work vs. in house, remote work and budgeting among other key issues related to VFX.
Finally, you will have the necessary tools to develop your demoreel and take the first steps to enter the industry.
Tools and software to use
What our graduates have to say
Image helps you develop your vocation and links you with the industry. It has specialized teachers in each area and the latest market trends. Always one step ahead of the rest.
Image gave me the confidence I needed to enter a new world that I thought I would no longer be able to enter. I am an industrial designer and thanks to the institution and its teachers, I was able to realize that I also want to be a 3D artist, digital sculptor and conceptual artist.
Thanks to Image I was able to promote VFX, I participated in a call for a scholarship at the Vancouver Film School and I won it! I am now in Vancouver starting classes.
In Image I was able to expand my knowledge about 3D Modeling and it also allowed me to make a good network of contacts. I was always passionate about cartoons and video games, and thanks to the journey I got a job as a modeler for prints and animations. Both the professors and the second members were always available with all the patience in the world to clarify my doubts. That helped me a lot to progress.
Thanks to Image I was able to develop professionally as a 3D artist and live from what I am passionate about. I learned to use the latest tools and techniques that are used today, which allow me to achieve high quality work that meets the expectations of my clients. The teachers are excellent people and professionals
Companies where our graduates work
- Introduction to visual effects
- Introduction to Nuke
- Color correction
- Rotoscopy / tracking and keying
- Set Extension - mapping - S3D
- Composition - Review and integration
- Simulations in Maya
- Realflow / Houdini
- Pipeline and reel final project
Meet your mentor
Self-taught, he has been an instructor at Image Campus since 2000, designing the 3D Modeling, 3D Animation and Visual Effects programs, among others. He is an Autodesk Certified 3ds Studio Max Instructor, Autodesk Certified Expert in Maya, and Adobe Certified Expert in Adobe Photoshop. He has over 20 years of experience teaching design software and has written several books on 3D Studio MAX and Adobe Photoshop. At a professional level he works making visual effects and simulations for film and TV.
Areas where our graduates work
Infrastructure and Technological Resources
In a building environment specially designed for our activity, all our classrooms are equipped with state-of-the-art computers. One PC per student with all the software required for each course.