COURSE VFX VISUALS
Visual effects have been used in movies since the very beginnings of cinema. From Melies, the early twentieth century to the latest films of Cameron offer filmmakers, writers and directors have absolute freedom to imagine everything.
By visual effects (VFX) the different techniques by which the images are created or manipulated outside the context of the live recording are known. Although usually associated with fantasy films or science fiction movies are used in all kinds of films, whether historical, documentaries, comedies, dramas. Currently its use goes beyond the cinema, industries related to entertainment such as video games, theme parks, Virtual Reality and transmedia are some examples. Also its use in Architecture and Education is more and more protagónico, which speaks of a field in total expansion and with real need of specialists for the local and international market.
What do you learn?
In this career path, you will learn everything you need to make professional-level visual effects:
- Apply specialized techniques and tools such as tracking planar, rotoscospía and matchmoving (camera tracking) to integrate in a real video actors filmed over green background (keying) or 3D elements.
- Correct the color of a shot, achieve a certain aesthetic or tie the lighting of two shots shot at different times.
- Resolve complicated chrome product of moving images, non-uniform backgrounds, motionblur, poorly lit sets, reflective elements, among others.
- Integrate video with 3D scenes using mapping and mattepainting techniques.
- Introduce yourself in techniques such as rotoscopy for the generation of animated masks with professional level.
- Learn to work with material in 360 grades and introduction to composition for VR (virtual reality)
- Simulate rigid dynamic objects for breakages, demolition and fragmentation; soft simulate dynamic objects such as fabrics and strings.
- Simulate all kinds of fluids, liquids, viscous and gelatinous.
- Generate scenes where explosions with fire, smoke and gases occur.
- Developing stereoscopic content using 2D or 3D material for three-dimensional visualization.
- Make your demo reel. The production of this final project includes a day of filming on set.
This training takes into account market developments and the inclusion of students in it. We discuss the current industry landscape visual effects at local and international levels; how to enter the labor market, work arrangements, work freelance vs in house, budgeting, among others.
Nuke. Fusion. Autodesk Maya. Autodesk 3ds Max. PFTrack. Mocha Pro. Silhouette. Realflow. FumeFX. Houdini. Da Vinci Resolve, among others.
Basic handling of some 3D application (3ds Max, Maya, Blender, Cinema4D, etc.) and traditional composition software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe After Effects.
Day chromakey studio for professional practices and capture material for development of demoreel made in the year 2015.
Some of the challenges that meet the VFX:
- Create fully digital jacks
- modify funds
- Create funds
- Add actors, characters or creatures; objects and digital scenography in real scenes
- replace actors
- Remove objects, cables, marks and all kinds of real shot elements
- Create digital simulations of natural phenomena
- Compose plans for visualization in 2D and in 3D and for VR (virtual reality)
Although visual effects are generally associated with the world of film and TV today their role in industries such as video games, theme parks, Virtual Reality and Transmedia.es increasingly more relevant; as well as its applications in fields as dissimilar as Education and Architecture.
For all this, the demand of specialists able to work in VFX is continuous and with exponential growth.
This career path was developed in close consultation with the main producers of local VFX to know and respond to their needs and update the profile of graduates.
Image Campus has a EMPLOYMENT CENTER where he publishes periodically Job Opportunities requested by the most important companies in this industry. We also have a system INTERNSHIP in companies targeting the most advanced students of the race.
Start Date: April 26 2019
Cursada: Tuesday and Friday of 19: 00 to 22: 00 hs.
tentative completion: 6 de Diciembre de 2019