Game Audio Course
Intensive Professional Training Path
Sound and music in the non-linear world of video games
Game Audio is designed to completely transpose the tasks that compose the sound work in video games; Acquire a different way of thinking, composing and implementing sound and music, and learn to solve the difficulties presented by the non-linear and multiplatform medium of video games.
The audio in video games
Videogames are characterized by their non-linear narrative structure: the interactive player is part of the story and can be modified in each game. We can not, therefore, predetermine what, how or when a particular event will happen. This 'unpredictability' determines that the way of working used in linear media (Animation, Cinema, Television) from a conventional audio editor, is not viable to fully solve the sound in a video game: training is required More specific.
Where should the music transition to the battle motive, if we do not know when the player will reach the showdown? Or how to make this transition sound fluently? How long should the sound environment last if the game can be infinite? Or how long does it take for a repeat of a loop to be noticed, and is that duration possible for the storage size of the game if it will be published on a mobile device? Will the character's scream always sound the same, even if it is repeated throughout the fight or if it moves through different spaces? How to prepare the mix of sound and music if it has to be done in real time according to the unpredictable events? If I want, for example, that when I win: the music cuts or decreases its amplitude, a sound effect appears, start the score count and only last as accumulated How do I manage to trigger all these actions in the audio of the game? Where does the video game programmer come into all this?
Learning Game Audio at Image Campus will bring you the specialized knowledge in sound design and music for video games that the industry requires.
Why study Game Audio on Image Campus?
- Classroom with top quality equipment
- Possibility to go to a Professional Sound Studio
- Implementation of Music and also Sound Design in Wwise - Theoretical-technical tools for the conceptual work of Sound Design.
- Theoretical-technical tools for the work Musical Composer - Management of several Sound Sortware, seeing pros and cons - Experience performing the Sound Design, Music Composition and implementation in Videogames own Image Campus, from Cellular, PC and even Virtual Reality
- Possibility of pre-work experience relating to Programmers and Game Designers
- Creation of own sound effects.
- Creation of Virtual Musical Instruments
- Sound Signal Processing
- Sound Synthesis
- Voces design for characters
What do you learn?
- The technical tools and theoretical concepts needed to perform fully, and autonomously, the different tasks that make up the world of sound and music in a video game.
- To devise, create and transmit the narrative concepts of audiovisual communication, from a different way of thinking about sound and musical composition in a non-linear way, which will enrich the production of a video game.
- To work with the necessary software and processors to implement events of sound actions and blends of the audio in real time, according to the game.
- To work the sound and music of the game in an interactive / adaptive / generative way
- Dubbing and Voice Processing for the creation of realistic and fantastic characters.
- Create your own Sound Effects through multiple tools (audio processors, synthesizers, and a Foley room).
- Tools for the composition and production of music in videogames, taking into account the conceptual and its implementation in the game, working with acoustic, virtual instruments, samples and a recording and mixing room.
- To design your own virtual instruments.
- Audio programming in visual environments.
- To understand in depth the process of making a video game, through practices with video games developed in Image Campus
General knowledge about audio, previous knowledge designing and composing sound and / or music in Audiovisual Media and / or Sound / Music Production.
Studying Game Audio you will be able to perform in activities like:
- Design, Implementation and Mixing of Sound and Music for Video Games in Wwise.
- Unity Audio Implementation.
- Management of Different Daws knowing its advantages and disadvantages.
- Editing and Post-Production Dialogues for the design of characters
- Composing and deploying Music in non-linear environments
- Creating Virtual Instruments
- Design and Creation of Environments and Sound Effects through the processing of Audio and Sound Synthesis.
- Audio Interactive / generative / adaptive.
Image Campus has a EMPLOYMENT CENTER where he publishes periodically Job Opportunities requested by the most important companies in this industry. We also have a system INTERNSHIP in companies targeting the most advanced students of the race.
Duration: Intensive 20 classes
Submitted or days and times: Tuesday and Friday from 19: 00 22 to: 00 hours.
tentative completion: 1º of October of 2019