Superior Technician in Integral Making Cartoons
Official Title with National Validity - Res. 2018-317-SSPLINED
Ministry of Education - DGEGP
Duration: 3 years.
Start Date: 18 2019 March
Submitted or days: Monday to Friday
(20 hours. Weekly clock)
Morning shift: from 09: 00 to 13: 00 hs. - Exhausted Quotas!
Late shift: from 14: 00 to 18: 00 hs.
The integral realization of cartoons is a fascinating creative process where you can experience and master in a practical way the creation of audiovisual worlds, characters, stories, illustration, digital painting and different techniques of animation like traditional, cut out digital and 3D.
Animation is one of the most used techniques in the audiovisual world. It can be found transmedially in feature films, TV series, web series, documentaries, advertisements, video games and video clips. At the end of your studies you will have the technical, artistic and creative knowledge that will allow you to master the secrets of the trade and you will be able to insert successfully in the animated realization in the different areas:
- Pre-production: illustration, character design, backgrounds and storyboards, script.
- Production: traditional animation, experimental techniques, digital 2D, color and 3D.
- Post-production: editing, composition, sonomontage and effects.
In the Argentine animation industry, in the last decades, there have been more than 30 films and infinity animated series and original productions for film, TV, mobile and web. In addition, it is the first Latin American country to have its own television channel dedicated to the children's audience that annually generates several animated national productions.
What do you learn?
- Direction and cartoon projects comprehensively.
- Creation and writing of original scripts for animated audiovisual pieces.
- Narrative development of storyboards and layouts as a production context.
- Drawing, digital painting, Illustration of backgrounds and design of characters destined to the animation and design in different styles (Cartoon, animé, superheroes, European animation, Disney style, among others ...).
- Realization of animations using traditional, digital and / or experimental methods and techniques (pixilation, stop motion, digital cut out, video games, among others ...).
- Harmonization of methods and traditional animation techniques with new applied technologies (digital 2D and 3D).
- Management software for designing animation and cartoon production 2D and 3D.
- Skill in 3D for animation, modeling, rigging and rendering.
- Retouching and digital postproduction of audiovisual works to give a professional finish.
- Understand the animated production of short films, video games, advertisements, feature films and animated video clips for different formats and functions (educational, promotional, artistic, entertainment).
CTP, Monkey Jam, Krita, Spriter, Dragon bones, Autodesk Maya, Adobe CC suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash, Adobe media encoder), UV Layout, Toon boom.
Secondary title and portfolio of drawings, and personal illustrations.
Our graduates are recognized in the medium for their professional quality and their high performance in the different areas of the animated production. Studying the Tertiary Career Integral Cartoons Realization, you will be able to perform in audiovisual productions of TV, video games, cinema and publicity, or in own projects, carrying out the following tasks:
- Illustrator / concept artist
- Character designer
- Storyboard Artist
- Writer for Cartoons
- Animator (Traditional, Digital 2D, cut out and 3D)
- Editor, composer and post-producer
- Production Coordinators
For the quality achieved, some of these short films have won awards at national and international competitions.
Image Campus has an employment center where job searches requested by the most important companies in this industry regularly published. We also have a system of internships at companies targeting the most advanced students of the race.
Can I work in other disciplines?
Yes, in the following areas: comics, manga, illustration for books, audiovisual production and 2D art for video games.
Are there national industries with employment opportunities?
Yes, in Argentina, the cartoon industry grew in recent years under a demand of production and international quality. As you can see in the constant development of original content for the national children's channel Paka Paka, as in the animation studios 2veinte, Plenty, Lecube, Ronda, Rudo Company, The dog on the moon, Gizmo, among others. They make feature films, short films, series and animated ads, both for the outside world and for diffusion in our country.
What are the possibilities of employment abroad?
The international market also provides an opportunity. The knowledge that you have purchased will to enter important animation studios and animation.
Can I work independently?
Yes, because our students graduate with the skills required at each stage of production: Pre-production: scriptwriting, illustration, realization of storyboards, character design and backgrounds. Production Address and animation (pixilation, stop motion, traditional, digital 2D, cut out, and 3D). Postproduction: scanning, cleanup, color, editing and composition.
Content integration, along with production workshops, professionalizing practices, knowledge of the labor market, costs and business planning, enable them to undertake their own projects.
Does the title is official?
Yes. Official Resolution Number Res. Res. 2018-317-SSPLINED - Ministry of Education - DGEGP
Who is it for?
A recent high school graduates interested in the integrated production of Cartoons.
Can I take first year if I matters of secondary (high school)?
Yes. You can take the first semester and complete the partial ones but as a conditional student until the month of July.
What happens if I do not pass any of the subjects I owe from the middle level?
You will be free, but once your academic situation has been regularized, you will be able to resume the course taken in the instance in which you were free.
What are the entry requirements?
Pay annual tuition and present the secondary title, along with the rest of the documentation (Detail in response 8).
What documentation do I have to submit?
- Original and photocopy of the DNI
- Photocopy of Certificate of Studies Legalized standard level (secondary) *
- 2 4 Photos carnet x 4
- Suitable medical
For registration, should I appear at Image Campus?
You can manage your registration in person or remotely. In this case, you must complete the vacancy reservation request with your information (link) and pay the registration via bank deposit or electronic transfer.
Can I register even though I can not know how to draw?
Yes. From the first quarter of illustration concepts that will enable significantly improve the drawing, and facilitate for later animation you will be.
¿Image Campus provides the materials?
Yes. Wacom tablet, recording animation, col-erase pencils, leaves A4 and A3, plus access to the installed infrastructure classroom-workshop.
Still not finished high school, I can start studying something related, to serve me for the race?
- Professional Training Path: Traditional and Digital Animation: https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/programas-profesionales/animacion-tradicional-digital
-Concept Art: https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/programas-profesionales/concept-art
- Software Courses: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash https://www.imagecampus.edu.ar/cursos-software
Is the Technique dictated in online mode?
No, only in face-to-face mode.
Do they approve approved subjects in other institutions?
Only materials which have been approved in other institutions or universities incorporated into the official teaching homologated.
What are the requirements for foreign students?
- Original and Photocopy of Passport or Document (1ra and 2da sheet)
- Original and Photocopy of the Certificate of Secondary Studies, legalized and apostilled in the country of issue of the degree and validated by the Dept. of
Interjurisdictional Relations of the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of the Argentine Nation.
- 2 4 Photos carnet x 4
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of lack of criminal background issued in the country of the last 5 years of residence
- Lack Certificate of Criminal Record issued in Argentina
My high school diploma, is it valid if it was issued abroad?
the overall validity of the title is credited if studied in any of these countries:
Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, Italy, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Extra graduates Mercosur countries should pay the following matters:
HISTORY 1ro - 2do - 3ro
CIVIC EDUCATION 1ro - 2do
- History of art
- Basic Drawing Tools
- Fundamentals of Visual Language
- Traditional Object Animation
- History of Animation
- Character Design Workshop
- Introduction to production
- Traditional action animation
- Morphology and analysis of images in genres and styles
- Workshop Technical Writer
- Theatrical performance
- Animation of characters acting
- Storyboard Workshop
- Live Model Drawing
- Backgrounds and scenographies / li>
- Introduction 3D for animation
- Drawing Animal Anatomy
- Advanced Experimental Techniques of Animation
- Production and edition of Sound a
- Painting and Color Theory
- Three-dimensional modeling and rendering
- Art direction
- Animation for Videogames
- Development of animation by cuts
- Short Film Production Workshop I
- Three Dimensional Animation